[Coin-discuss] Alternate build strategy for Visual Studio

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Sep 16 11:59:19 EDT 2010

Stuart,

> Can the header files be copied somewhere too? This will make it easier
> to link python code to coin in a windows environment as I won't have to
> manually specify the location of each header file.

Yep, specifying all the places to look gets tedious.  A two part answer:

        The various .vsprops files (coin.vsprops, coinutils.vsprops, etc.)
accumulate include directories.  This shows up in the C/C++ section of
properties (under additional include directories?  I'm sitting at a solaris box)
once you add the .vsprops files (in the General properties section, or the
Properties view).  Don't know if you can make use of these in your python
development environment.

        More generally, once I figure out how to move files around arbitrarily
at the end of the build (possible, I'm sure, but not yet obvious to me) I should
be able to dump all the include files in one place.  This is also one possible
answer to the question of how to deposit a .dll and the wrapper .lib in two
different spots.

							Lou