[Coin-discuss] Site stats

Mirko Maischberger mirko.maischberger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:10:42 EST 2010

Hello all,
I don't know if this is the right mailing list for issues relating the web
site, please feel free to address me to another mailing list if you think
the discussion will be more appropriate somewhere else.

The problem is that by clicking on the "access statistics" link on the
coin-or home page and going at the "Links from an external page" section
there are many links that looks like spam.

This is probably done by a bot. The worst thing is that this kind of links
tend to drop the page rank of a web site.

One way to address this problem can be to protect the access statistics page
with a simple password (that can also be public, so that is simply inhibits
search engines). Another way could be to replace the awstats software with
something else (or to modify it so that the external links are text only and
not active).

Cheers,
Mirko

--