[Coin-discuss] Could there be one COIN mailing list?

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Nov 14 22:31:45 EST 2010

We discussed this quite a bit before implementing the current system.
We used to have just one list, but the volume got high enough that it
was above the threshold of many people who still wanted to get the
occasional e-mail aimed at a more general audience. With 40+ projects,
some of which *do* have pretty active lists, I don't think going back
to one list is really an option. We could possibly think about
unifying certain groups of lists that are likely to have similar
audiences, but a more straightforward solution might be simply to
provide an easier way to subscribe to many lists simultaneously, such
as a form with check boxes where you just check off projects you want
to follow ala Twitter. That is something that has been discussed and
is just waiting for a volunteer to implement it. Is that the only
issue? Instead of wasting your time subscribing to all these lists,
want to spend it implementing the form instead :)?

Cheers,

Ted