[Coin-discuss] Compile of dip on AIX - help required

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Jun 4 13:09:29 EDT 2010

Folks,

	I've kept out of this til now on the basis that I don't have AIX
experience, but this recent sequence leads me to ask a dumb question:  Do we
need to fix AC_COIN_PROG_CXX?  It shouldn't be necessary to force the name of
the compiler unless it's something exotic.  The data projects do a compiler
check precisely to avoid the `cannot create executable' error that Derek
mentions.  Otherwise autotools runs back home to GCC compilers in some checks
that we haven't figured out how to suppress.

							Lou