[Coin-discuss] Compile of dip on AIX - help required

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Jun 4 10:18:16 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Derek Jones <scunacc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't see anything that indicates that the OBJECT_MODE=64 is being honored
> either. (I always try and do things explicitly for 64 bit compiles on AIX
> having been bitten before, hence the:
>
> AR="ar  -X64 " \
> NM="nm  -X64 " \
> F77="xlf -q64 " \
> CC="xlc   -q64 " \
> CXX="xlC   -q64 " \
>
> in my original configure script.
>
> Is there any reason not to do the above?

This shouldn't hurt. The error you are seeing occurs when gcc tries to
build a simple example code during the configure process and cannot
find the binary that should result. In the config.log, you will see
the code it tried to build and what the command line was. You can try
to replicate the problem by hand if needed. This will give additional
information.

Cheers,

Ted
--