[Coin-discuss] Problems with cbc - bad dual

Mauro Scarioni mauro_scarioni at it.ibm.com
Sun Feb 14 11:40:58 EST 2010

Hy guys

I have a problem with a Coin/cbc application.

During the execution of some instance at a certain point the solver seems
hold (but the cpu seems run), and it is not able to finish the
optimization (but it doesn't return error).
Changing slight primal and /or dual tolerance seems that we can go ahead,
and in the node we obtain the following warning message

bad dual - going to primal 1 524345

But the same problems appear again in a further node.

Normally, during the optimization, we obtain a lot of these message.
These problem is obtained with variuos strategy and node comparing mode

Can somebody help us about this problem ?
What is a setting target to reduce "bad dual"

Thank in advance

Mauro

Mauro SCARIONI
IBM Global Business Services
Circonvallazione Idroscalo
20090 Segrate
Telefono 02-5962-5621
Mobile 335-7248615

IBM Italia S.p.A.
Sede Legale: Circonvallazione Idroscalo - 20090 Segrate (MI)
Cap. Soc. euro 384.506.359,00
C. F. e Reg. Imprese MI 01442240030 - Partita IVA 10914660153
Società soggetta all?attività di direzione e coordinamento di
International Business Machines Corporation

(Salvo che sia diversamente indicato sopra / Unless stated otherwise
above)