[Coin-discuss] Problems with ipopt on OS X

Geoff Leyland geoff_leyland at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 16 01:58:16 EST 2010

On 16/12/2010, at 7:48 PM, Geoff Leyland wrote:

> The address freed is the address of the rima_ipopt_model (a subclass of TNLP).  I can't see anything in ~TNLPAdapter that looks like it's trying to delete the model.  Oh, it's probably the smart pointer in Ipopt::IpoptApplication to the NLP trying to delete the model.  Reference counting meets the Lua GC!  Is there any way I can tell the RC to leave it alone?  (ie, a cheap way to bump the reference count?)

Me again, sorry.  Yes, AddRef and ReleaseRef worked.  Since AddRef and ReleaseRef don't actually use any features of Referencer (and they ignore the argument if you're not building in debug mode), why not just make the referencer argument a void*?

This means that Rima now (just by the skin of its teeth) supports Ipopt.  It'll take me a while to check this all in tidily though.

Cheers,
Geoff