[Coin-discuss] bringing a matrix into block angular form

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Sun Sep 27 13:00:14 EDT 2009

This package Mondriaan does not seem like what I really want.

I guess the form I want is known as "single border block angular". The type
of thing you would want for Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition.
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DW_Block_Angular_Matrix.jpg

Does anyone know of a package that does this heuristically (i.e., reorders
the rows)? Or has anyone done something like this with COIN?

Thanks,
Mat

This looks fairly easy to use so I was going to try it: