[Coin-discuss] COIN-OR INFORMS Cup - Call for Nominations

Hart, William E wehart at sandia.gov
Mon Sep 14 14:52:51 EDT 2009

The 2009 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded at the INFORMS conference next month.  Now is the time for nominations!

Details are below and are available online at http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup09.html

Let me just highlight a few points:
  * We are looking for effective uses of COIN-OR or valuable contributions to COIN-OR.
  * Self-nomination is welcomed.
  * We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that the community may not know about.

Questions can be directed to me or to coin-cup at coin-or.org.  Thanks!

Bill

-----------

Rules:

*	A submission or nomination must contain:

1.	A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable contribution to COIN-OR (or both!).
2.	An explanation of its significance.

*	The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2009 INFORMS meeting --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Long Ceremony" below).
*	Submission deadline: Friday October 2, 2008.
*	Self-nomination is welcomed.
*	We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that the community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee of members of the COIN-OR Foundation, Inc.

Long Ceremony: The actual awarding of the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will take place during a long ceremony at a congenial locale where cups are welcome (see below). All entrants and their supporters are welcome to join in the celebration and regale (rile) the prize winners.

*	Day: Monday, October 12th
*	Time: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
*	Location: TBA

The winner will be posted on the COIN-OR website.

Please e-mail your submissions to coin-cup <mailto:coin-cup at coin-or.org>