[Coin-discuss] any documents suggested for the BCP framework?

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Fri Oct 23 01:19:09 EDT 2009

Hi David:

> I'm new to COIN-OR. I want to try out the framework of branch-and-price
> in COIN-OR,
> but it's hard to find documentations about the syntax or examples.
>
> Do anyone kindly suggest some good articles for entry level?

There is not much available. The best document I have seen is one by
Francois Margot.  If you download the Bcp project, it is located at

Bcp/examples/BAC/bac-1.2.2.pdf

> It'd be great if there are example projects in visual studio.
> Thanks a lot.

If you want a pre-built Visual Studio project file for an example using
BCP download

http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/OS/OS-2.0-VisualStudio.zip

You will see a folder

MSVisualStudioOSExamples/branchCutPrice

with a Visual Studio project file. Also numerous other COIN-OR solver
examples. See also the documentation

http://www.coin-or.org/OS/doc/visualstudio.pdf

Good luck!

> --- David