[Coin-discuss] SoQt auto redraw problem

Anatoli Barski AnatoliBarski at gmx.net
Thu Oct 15 10:16:22 EDT 2009

I'm trying to create a Plugin-Window with built-in SoQtExaminerviewer. My Plugin-Window is a QWidget:

class PluginWindow : public QWidget
{
        Q_OBJECT

public:

        PluginWindow ( QWidget *parent=0, const char *name=0 );
	~ PluginWindow (void);

protected:
        SoQtExaminerViewer* m_pExViewer;

        SoSeparator* m_pSceneSep;
}

PluginWindow::PluginWindow (QWidget *parent=0, const char *name=0)
:QWidget(parent, name)
{
        m_pSceneSep = createScene();

       	m_pExViewer = new SoQtExaminerViewer(this,"Examiner Viewer Plugin",TRUE,SoQtExaminerViewer::BUILD_NONE);

	//m_pExViewer->setAutoClippingStrategy(SoQtViewer::CONSTANT_NEAR_PLANE, 0.01f);
	m_pExViewer->setBackgroundColor(SbColor(0.95f, 0.95f, 0.95f));
	m_pExViewer->setAccumulationBuffer(true);
	m_pExViewer->setAntialiasing(true, 1);
	m_pExViewer->setTransparencyType(SoGLRenderAction::SORTED_OBJECT_BLEND);
	m_pExViewer->setFeedbackVisibility(true);
	m_pExViewer->setSceneGraph(m_pSceneSep);
	m_pExViewer->setAutoRedraw(true);

	m_pExViewer->show();
}

The problem now is, that though the plugin window is being created and I also can show the scene by calling m_pExViewer->render(), it won't redraw automatically when I rotate the scene using the mouse (though the scene actually gets rotated - I can see it by calling m_pExViewer->render() manually). I actually don't want to do all the work myself and consider on which events I would have to call render. SoQtExaminerViewer is capable to do it, but I am missing some thing.

Best regards! Anatoli
--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02