[Coin-discuss] Coin Cloud (using coin with Amazon Web Services)

Stuart Mitchell s.mitchell at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Oct 4 22:41:04 EDT 2009

Following the new release of Gurobi (now with added cloud computing) I
thought it would be nice to add Coin to the cloud. I did this mostly
because I want to experiment with pulp-or (python LP/MILP modelling
language) being able to use solvers on EC2.

So there now is an Amazon Machine Image ami-5493703d that should be
available on to the public.

It is clp, cbc installed on an ubuntu server accessible through ssh
(username ubuntu). You will need to logon to aws to access it and pay
$0.10 an hour (or part thereof) to boot up a copy of instance of this image.

Is there something official in the works for this or should I continue
nutting it out for myself.

Stu
--
Dr Stuart Mitchell