[Coin-discuss] Cbc's great parallel performance

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue May 12 05:01:28 EDT 2009

Not to rain on Cbc's parade :), but I just wanted to make everyone
aware that there are actually a number of solvers in COIN that support
parallelism.

 * SYMPHONY is an MILP solver framework that supports multi-core,
shared, and distributed memory parallelism for relatively small
numbers of processors through OpenMP and PVM
(https://projects.coin-or.org/SYMPHONY).
 * BLIS is an MILP solver framework that is part the COIN High
Performance Parallel Search (CHiPPS) project. It is targeted towards
relatively large-scale parallelism through MPI, but we are working on
supporting multi-core and shared-memory parallelism
(https://projects.coin-or.org/CHiPPS).
 * BCP is a framework for implementing branch, cut, and price
algorithms that supports distributed memory parallelism on a
relatively small scale through MPI (https://projects.coin-or.org/Bcp).

Happy computing!

Ted