[Coin-discuss] Subversion repository upgrade scheduled for April 5, 2009

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Mar 24 18:54:18 EDT 2009

On Sunday, April 5, 2009, we will be upgrading the COIN-OR Subversion
repositories from version 1.4 to 1.5.  The upgrade will allow us to
support several useful new features, including basic merge tracking,
sparse checkouts, and improved copy/move, among other features.

It is recommended for users to upgrade to Subversion 1.5-compatible
clients as well, to take advantage of even more new features.  But older
clients will continue to work with the new repositories.  Note that new
clients upgrade working-copy data, so working copies that have been used
with version-1.5 clients cannot be used subsequently with version-1.4
clients.

There are some incompatibilities between version 1.4 and 1.5
repositories that make the newer repositories incompatible with older
programs that access the repositories directly.  We don't anticipate
that these changes will affect any outside users, but if you believe you
will be affected, please contact me.

For more information about the new features of Subversion 1.5, see
http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html#wc-upgrades.

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs