[Coin-discuss] coin Blis supports MPICH or MPICH2

Jack Bryan dtustudy68 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:30:39 EST 2009

thanks,

Does parallel BLIS support API routines calling from C or C++ program ?

Does parallel  Blis support some operations on MILP models ?

I need some API routines to do some operations on A,b,c parameters of MILP models
and then call parallel  BLIS solver to solve the MILP model.

But, I need to change the obj. function C to the MILP model at each iteration , and
then solve the new MILP model with parallel  BLIS .

It means that I can not write a MILP models as an output file with mps format.
I have to solve a new model with parallel  BLIS at each iteration on the fly.

I have used lp_solve (another open source solver) API routines to design a C program
and it works well.

Now, I want to solve large MILP models so I only want to use parallel  BLIS as a black box.

I want to change my original C program as little as possible so that I can
focus on algorithm design not on programing with different languages.

I find that lp_solve support API from C (also maybe C++).
Now, I hope that parallel  BLIS also suport API from C or C++.

I plan to design a C program that can call lP_solve API routines to do some
operations on A,b,c and generate a mew MILP model on the fly and then the C
program can also call parallel  BLIS API routines such that the new model
can be solved by parallel  BLIS.

Any help is apprecited.

Jack.

Feb.  4 2009