[Coin-discuss] Suggestion on how to run Decompose.cpp and do column generation separately

sumit singh sumit20 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:36:41 EST 2009

Dear All,

I am trying to solve dantzig-wolf decomposition algorithm using decompose.cpp.
Can you please tell me how to run the interface (or any link).
I want to input data through file and I want the output saved in a file .
So which cpp am I to run, the entire clp project and also decompose.cpp with it?
Then I get the dos interface, what command should I type here for the
file to be read and output saved as a file after doing column
generation.
Please help or let me know with where I can find.
I have tried a lot at COIN site. It doesn’t show how to run it.

More importantly,
I want to have a master problem which takes a problem, gets its dual
and adds the dual as column repeatedly.
So I don’t want to resolve every time I get the problem from the sub
problem. I want the previous case be used and every time the new
column getting added. Kindly help with this.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumit