[Coin-discuss] AMPL to GAMS

Stefan Vigerske stefan at vigerske.de
Sat Nov 22 14:25:21 EST 2008

Hi,

> Since there was another thread about AMPL/GAMS - I figured it was ok to
> ask here...
>
> Does anyone know of a script to convert a (fairly simple) AMPL
> model/data to GAMS? I have a problem I want to try with BARON/NEOS - but
> it is written in AMPL.

If you have a AMPL licence, then you can create an .nl file. Then you
can use the Optimization Services to translate it into OSiL format.
And then you can use the osil2gms program in GAMSlinks/trunk
(contributed by Lutz Westermann) to generate a gams model out of it.
How does that sound? :-)

Best,
Stefan

PS @Lutz: Shouldn't be difficult to support direct input of .nl files in
osil2gms by just linking against the OSnl2osil code.