[Coin-discuss] OsiClp proper use of initialSolve and resolve, setObjective

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:52:29 EDT 2008

Hello Lou,

thanks for the reply.  I isolated the code in question and attach a file
which reproduces three separate issues with OsiClpSolverInterface, Osi
version 0.98.2.  I marked the issues with "BUG" in the source file.

I think the first two issues are caused by a constraint system with zero
rows, but the last issue is the one I am facing in my real code.

Issue 1.  The optimal objective returned in the first iteration is zero,
although the optimal solution is -0.3.

Issue 2.  enableFactorization() and enableSimplexInterface() fail if the
constraint system has zero rows.

Issue 3.  getColSolution() returns NULL.

I will file these as issues into the Clp tracker in an hour or so, or
latest tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Sebastian