[Coin-discuss] Packaging CLP for debian.

Soeren Sonnenburg Soeren.Sonnenburg at first.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jun 9 08:28:48 EDT 2008

Dear John et al.,

I am having some minor problems getting clp into debian. One issue is
that the header files in clp most of the time say

// Copyright (C) 2002, International Business Machines
// Corporation and others.  All Rights Reserved.

even though the LICENSE in the top level directory says look at the
LICENSE file in the subdirs which says the files are CLP.

Would it be possible to change the src code files to have e.g.

// Copyright (C) 2002, International Business Machines
// Corporation and others. This program is free software and
// licensed under the Common Public License 1.0, cf. LICENSE
// for the full text of the license.

Then I am also slightly confused, is IBM the sole copyright holder of
CLP and you the main author or were there other contributors.

Obviously for CoinUtils there are a number of other authors (as the
AUTHORS file states) but who of them except obviously Francois Margot
have the copyright?

Otherwise, more code related, it would be nice to enable doxygen dotty
support by default and also to disable -rpath maybe even in the clp
tree. I will otherwise maintain patches for debian to do so. (patches
are attached).

Thanks,
Soeren.
--
Soeren Sonnenburg - Fraunhofer FIRST      Tel: +49 (30) 6392 1882
Kekulestr. 7, 12489 Berlin, Germany       Fax: +49 (30) 6392 1805