[Coin-discuss] Please limit attachment size of postings

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 22:29:22 EST 2008

Hi,

Whoever maintains the coin-discuss mailing list, please set the limit for
the allowed attachments or total size of postings.

While one might be tempted to rely on the reason of the people posting to
a mailing list not to send insanely huge attachments to tons of people,
this obviously doesn't work.

I (and probably most of us) just found three messages of 20MB in our
INBOX.  While most of us are on a fast internet connection (imagine
downloading 60MB on a dial-up), it might still exceed the allowable size
of the INBOX of an internet provider.

If someone wants to share large data files, the polite and correct
procedure is to either make it available for download somewhere else, or
to ask on the mailing list who the correct person is to send it to
directly.

Thanks for your consideration.

Andreas