[Coin-discuss] Cross-compiling COIN projects (Osi)

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:22:12 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

is there a standard way to cross compile COIN projects?

I have an Ubuntu 7.10 running a 32 bit kernel and want to produce 64 bit
libraries of COIN Osi in order to statically link my program against.  I
have done this before for some other libraries using gcc's -m64 option.

   The usual configure --build/--host/--target option is not working
because --target is missing from the configure script in COIN Osi.
Also, I tried using ADDCXXFLAGS="-m64", but the configure script
compiles and tries to run some test program which fails because the
actual host is 32 bit.

Using cross-compilation to produce static binaries would ease the build
process (for programs to be run on a 64bit cluster system) considerably,
as the target systems are rather old and do not have modern compilers
installed.

Sebastian