[Coin-discuss] Glpk Osi for interior point?

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Fri Feb 1 04:21:45 EST 2008

Hello,

Am I correct in observing that there is no way of using the GLPK's
interior-point solver via OSI? And if so, is there any plan to add this
feature? I have a case where the interior point is at least 50x faster
than simplex, so it would help...

I can, of course, call the lpx_interior method directly, but then the
Osi still does not know about the solution, since all the access
functions (status, objective function and column values) are different
when using lpx_interior...
It would thus help a lot if I could use the interior-point solution as a
starting point for the standard simplex solver. Is this possible? (I
tried setColSolution, but it does not seem to have any effect at all.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michal Kaut