[Coin-discuss] Branch-and-Price framework under Windows

E. van der Veen E.van.der.Veen.7 at student.rug.nl
Mon Apr 14 09:38:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does someone know a good Branch-and-Price (B&P) framework
that can be used under Windows/MS Visual C++? As I get it
COIN provides four frameworks for Branch, Cut and Price:
ABACUS, BCP, CHiPPs and SYMPHONY. However, with all four
of them I have some difficulties:

-ABACUS: does not seem to compile under windows.
-BCP: there are no MSVC++ project files available for BCP.
-SYMPHONY: seems to support only Branch-and-Cut.
-CHiPPs: seems to be a foundation for B&P, however there
are no B&P examples nor documentation.

Although I spent quite some time with searching for
information about the mentiond Branch, Cut and Price
frameworks, it could of course be that I missed something,
so please correct me if my information is incorrect.
So, please let me know, if you have an answer to my
question.

Thanks in advance.
Egbert van der Veen

--

Egbert van der Veen

Master's student Business Mathematics/Econometrics
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands