[Coin-discuss] COIN-OR licences again...

Soeren Sonnenburg Soeren.Sonnenburg at first.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 11 15:40:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 15:28 -0400, Alan King wrote:

> According to the CPL, anyone can redistribute the software under any
> kind of license, provided the terms of the CPL are met.  These are:
> the disclaimers, and where to get the source code if it is not
> included in the bundle.

This would be too good to be true.

> Again -- what is the problem?

I am no lawyer, but isn't #12 of
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-cplfaq.html

what we are talking about?

On the other hand reading

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#CommonPublicLicense10

it might be that this is all just outdated information... I am going to
write to licensing at fsf.org ... lets see what they say.

Soeren