[Coin-discuss] COIN-OR licences again...

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 11 13:14:26 EDT 2008

Somewhere, there's a misunderstanding. Are you saying that anyone can
redistribute CPL'd software under the GPL? This is not true. Only the
copyright holders can change the license. In source code form, you can
distribute a combination of GPL'd and CPL'd code, but the CPL'd code
remains under the CPL. You cannot distribute binaries derived from
combinations of the two. The CPL would allow this, but the GPL does not.

Cheers,

Ted