[Coin-discuss] COIN-OR licences again...

Soeren Sonnenburg Soeren.Sonnenburg at first.fraunhofer.de
Tue Apr 8 03:40:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 08:00 -0600, Brian Borchers wrote:
> >I don't see a problem in the lapack license... And even if there was
> >one, atlas is the preferred (potentially faster) replacement.
>
> ATLAS implements the BLAS routines and a very small subset of the
> LAPACK routines.  The vast majority of LAPACK routines aren't included
> in ATLAS.

Hmmhh, as I don't have to have lapack installed (linking to atlas libs
is enough) to get all of the lapack routines, atlas must be simply
sucking in the lapack routines for which it does not implement.

Soeren
--
Soeren Sonnenburg - Fraunhofer FIRST      Tel: +49 (30) 6392 1882
Kekulestr. 7, 12489 Berlin, Germany       Fax: +49 (30) 6392 1805