[Coin-discuss] Clustering COIN?

anthony at resolution.com anthony at resolution.com
Tue Oct 23 23:29:49 EDT 2007

Ted and Yan,

Thanks very much!  Check your email, I sent you each the MPS file (if you
work together and that was double work, I apologize).  I'm sorry for its
size, however, our class of problems (scheduling) quickly gets out of
hand.  Unfortunately, we're not really O/R experts .... we wrote some of
the basic model, had it tweaked by an expert, and now have to decide if we
want to move to a commercial solver or to a parallel solver to get the
speed we need.  If possible, I'd rather not shackle myself to a commercial
solver :-)

In fact, I'd rather pay (and contribute) for someone to improve an OS
project, but now I'm getting off-topic.

Thanks again!

--
Anthony