[Coin-discuss] Clustering COIN?

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Oct 23 20:07:06 EDT 2007

With the COPS project (soon to be renamed CHiPPS), we have been
developing solvers designed to run effectively on large clusters.

https://projects.coin-or.org/Cops

Our MIP solver (called BLIS), while not as full-featured as CBC, is a
fairly robust and effective solver which should be a reasonable
alternative to CBC if you want to take advantage of a large cluster. We
are getting ready to release a new version of BLIS (0.9.0) in the next
few days. The documentation is a little sparse right now, but we're
working on it. If you're interested in using it, please let us know and
we'll do our best to help.

Cheers,

Ted