[Coin-discuss] Settings for Cbc with a Osi solver (not Clp)

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Nov 29 13:29:57 EST 2007

Bo,

	It's great to hear that you're working on OsiMsk. But using cbc-generic
as a test will be frustrating.

	Cbc-generic is a work in progress, and at any given moment is liable to
be broken due to clp-specific developments in libCbc.  The version in Cbc/stable
is obsolete (I'm inferring that's what you're using because you mention CbcMain,
which is obsolete).  In Cbc/trunk, you'll find a newer version with a much
revised architecture.  I've been occupied with Osi and BuildTools and haven't
had time to work on it for a month or so.  If you're interested, I'll dust it
off and do some checking.  Collaborators welcome.

	If you're upgrading OsiMsk, you'll want to pull Osi/trunk and do your
development and testing there.  The unit test is evolving, for one thing, as is
BuildTools.  An interesting additional test is to specify OsiMsk as the default
solver for OsiCbc (configure parameter --with-osicbc-default-solver=msk should
do it).

	I'm probably as good a person as any to correspond on upgrades to the
Coin build system for OsiMsk.  Drop me a line with details and we'll take it
from there.

							Lou