[Coin-discuss] .dll/.so distribution

Patrick Viry patrick.viry at ateji.com
Tue Nov 27 12:05:11 EST 2007

Hi,

I am looking for a distribution of OSI, CLP and other projects in .dll and
.so forms. We plan to design a Java API wrapper around these libraries and
contribute it to the community.

The problem is that we are a Java shop and do not have C++ compilation
tools or C++ expertise, and we just cannot find a way to actually use the
code in the distributions. Compiling to a .dll should be very similar to
compiling to a .exe (.dll have an export table, .exe do not have one, all
the rest is the same), and I saw a number of .exe files in the download
area. Probably someone on this list has already compiled towards a DLL ?

A word about myself, since this is my first message on the list: my
company has just launched a new modeling language designed as an extension
of Java, the idea being that this removes all the burden of interfacing
optimization models with a software application. We also hope that this is
a first step towards making optimization techniques available outside the
OR community on a large scale to the average Java developper.

Regards,

-Patrick Viry

--
Ateji
14-16 rue Soleillet - BL14 - 75020 Paris