[Coin-discuss] Questions about bounds and model options

woelliusm at aol.com woelliusm at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 06:44:36 EST 2007

Dear all,

I got two questions, one about a lower bound and one about model options:

1.) I have a CBC-minimizing problem. I know the minimal value of the objective function before starting the optimization. The solver will not find a lower value than for example 100. If the solver finds a solution with the objective function value 100, it should stop searching. There is no need to prove that the solution is optimal. What is the best way to "tell" the solver to stop if he finds such a solution?

2.) I want to set a time limit of for example 6 hours (this is not a problem). Within the six hours, the solver searchs the best solution possible. If the best solution is not found after six hours, it is only necessary to find a solution which is about ten percent away form the best objective function value. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Christian Woellenstein