[Coin-discuss] Open-source Modeling Languages

Kipp Martin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Wed Nov 21 13:36:26 EST 2007

Hi Brian:

> software.  In comparison, MPS files files can be used by anyone
> without having to link in library of routines.

Sure if they want to write their own MPS parser. Likewise, they could
write their own OSiL parser and not link in any OS libraries. But if
they didn't want to write their own MPS parser they could link with the
CoinUtils lib and use the existing parser there. Similarly they could
link with the OS lib and use our  parser.

Regards,

Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research
and Computing Technology