[Coin-discuss] Open-source Modeling Languages

Kipp Martin Kipp.Martin at ChicagoGSB.edu
Tue Nov 20 21:06:25 EST 2007

Hi Brian:

>>> Could a binary version of this code be distributed under the GPL?  I
>>> believe that the answer is no.
>
> Kipp replied:
>> It seems like this would violate the GPL rather than the CPL.  We
>> selected the CPL license because we felt in was more flexible.
>
> I'll take that as agreement that the answer is no.

I am not a lawyer, but I assume the answer is no.

> With respect to GLPK, I assume that you don't distribute binaries then?
> What a pain...

Correct we (i.e. the OS project) do not distribute any GLPK binaries. It
is my understanding that no COIN-OR projects are distributing GLPK
binaries.

Thanks

Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research