[Coin-discuss] Open-source Modeling Languages

Kipp Martin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Tue Nov 20 11:28:06 EST 2007

Hi Leo:

> the output can be validated. Furtheremore, I believe OSiL has APIs at
> least in Java and C++ (Kipp: lease confirm or clarify) which means
> that as customers have a need for the API in other languages they will
> wrap it.

Correct, there is both a Java and C++ API based on the OSInstance
object. This object "duplicates" in-memory the OSiL XML data structure
and this makes it very convenient for executing

get()
set()/add()
calculate()

methods against the OSInstance object. It is particularly nice for
nonlinear optimization.

Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research
and Computing Technology