[Coin-discuss] Open-source Modeling Languages

Tim Hultberg Tim.Hultberg at eumetsat.int
Mon Nov 19 12:46:41 EST 2007

Confirmed. FlopC++ is only linear.

One of the reasons for this is that, until recently, there were no uniform API (similar to OSI) available for non linear problems. It seems that the Optimization Services (OS) is now providing this missing link.

Since the advantages of embedding your model in C++ are equally valid for non linear models, I believe it would be interesting to extend FlopC++ to be able to handle (using OS) non linear models as well. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no possibility to do this in my available time, but if anyone would like to give it a try, I might be able to help.

Tim

>>> J P Fasano <jpfasano at us.ibm.com> 17/11/2007 17:50 >>>
>Isn't FlopC++ only linear?
Yes it is. Unless someone says otherwise.