[Coin-discuss] Open-source Modeling Languages

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Sun Nov 18 11:45:00 EST 2007

Dear Luigi.

> I'd like to point you to PuLP, a linear programming modeler in python.
> You can find it at http://www.jeannot.org/~js/code/index.en.html#PuLP.
>
> I've used it in many examples, finding it very powerful and verasitle.
>
> A pump scheduling example is availables at
> http://pump-scheduling.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/model.py

Thanks for the info.

The PuLP's syntax reminds me of FlopC++, so I want to ask if PuLP has
any advantage, compared to FlopC++?

In addition, all the examples end by solving the model and printing the
solution (and I have not found any documentation), so I wander whether
PuLP allows for updating and resolving a model as well?
If not, then I would actually ask what is the advantage of PuLP compared
to GNU MathProg, which is most likely easier to learn and use (esp. for
someone has at least seen AMPL)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Michal Kaut