[Coin-discuss] Building all the OSI interfaces

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu May 10 13:31:15 EDT 2007

Dean,

	Ok, I'll see if this can move a bit higher on the BuildTools priority
list. It's a reasonable thing to ask, and will be generally useful. Requires
merging some of the capabilities of COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY into COIN_HAS_PROJECT.

	Sorry if I gave the impression that the entire source tree needed to be
available.  All that's needed is the includes and libraries; a link to the
source tree was just a fast way of getting to the includes.

	The basic structure of the tarballs is unlikely to change --- they're
set up as they are to make it easy for non-developers to pull down the tarballs,
build, and get on to whatever problem they want to solve.  One other alternative
you might want to consider is to work out of the svn stable branches.  You can
tweak the Externals file, then reset svn:externals to get the project mix that
you want.

	If you haven't run across it,

http://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/pm-main

may be useful to you as you try to fit COIN into your build system.

							Lou