[Coin-discuss] Multi-threaded mode for Cbc/Clp

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sun Mar 25 23:40:11 EDT 2007

Brian Borchers wrote:
>> Also, the code has to be thread-safe to begin with.
>
> An obvious question- which of the COIN packages are thread safe?

Good question. SYMPHONY is for sure, at least the internal parts.
Empirically, it seems that Cgl, Clp, CoinUtils, and Osi are thread safe,
but I have never really tried to verify that in any way. I guess I don't
know of any COIN codes that aren't thread safe, but that might be a good
thing to verify with each project manager.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs