[Coin-discuss] Cbc crash on MS Windows

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Tue Mar 6 20:37:29 EST 2007

Hi,

We provide an interface to CBC/CLP for our Constraint Logic Programming language ECLiPSe.
One of our users reported a problem when using this interface on Windows. He gets a crash
when trying to solve a specific problem. The crash only happens on Windows, and then only
some of the time -- on Unix, this is normally an indication of some sort of memory problem.

I have managed to reproduce the problem by logging the calls I made to CBC/CLP (via OSI),
and (cross-)compiling the resulting program for Windows, and then running the problem on
a Windows machine (a Windows XP laptop).

We are using a CBC that I downloaded back in November. To check if the bug is still there, I
downloaded CBC on 5 March, and the crash still occurs with this CBC.

We build our Windows binaries by cross-compiling, by using mingw32msvc on Linux. I don't know
if this problem occurs if the code is compiled with MS Visual C on a Windows machine.

Can someone (I guess most likely John) look at this problem please?

I have the logged file that produce this problem, and I also have the executable I compiled
that produces this problem. I can provide both to produce this problem (I know normally it is
not a good idea to provide binaries, but I don't know if this problem occurs when you compile
natively).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Kish