[COIN-DISCUSS] Problems with MPI application using COIN

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Jun 20 16:34:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

If it is really the __gnu_cxx namespace that causes the trouble, it seems
to me that it is non-portable programming in CglProbing.cpp that causes
the problem.  Instead of checking for automatically defined compiler
macros it would be much better to have configure test for the existence of
the namespace and STL methods.  This is what autoconf is for.

In the meantime, using GNU_OLDWAY is probably good enough.

My bickering $0.10 :)

Andreas