[Coin-discuss] Mistaken infeasibility when using reduce-and-split cut generator

Esben Mose Hansen esben at ange.dk
Mon Jun 4 06:04:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

I came across this problem: For both /devel and /trunk branches, running with
reduce-and-split active, even at root, makes coin believe the problem is
infeasible.  A short select  from the output is included below, while the
problem itself is available at

http://ange.dk/public/mistaken_infeasibility_447.mps

it's about 1000 variables.

The output:

$ cbc mistaken_infeasibility_447.mps -reduce off -solve
[...]
Cbc0013I At root node, 37 cuts changed objective from 341649 to 1.21167e+06 in
17 passes
[...]
Result - Finished objective 1.21174e+06 after 2 nodes and 684 iterations -
took 1.34008 seconds

$ cbc mistaken_infeasibility_447.mps -reduce root -solve
[...]
Cbc0013I At root node, 298 cuts changed objective from 341649 to 593399 in 1
passes
[...]
Result - Finished objective 1e+50 after 0 nodes and 243 iterations - took
0.760047 seconds

What is going on here?

--
regards, Esben