[Coin-discuss] crash in CbcModel::branchAndBound

Esben Mose Hansen esben at ange.dk
Tue Jan 9 11:14:48 EST 2007

Hi,

the problem in this mps file

http://ange.dk/public/crash-job1245.mps.bz2

crashes cbc on both trunk and devel.

>From my analysis, a new CbcNode is created (named newNode), and then later its
newNode->objectiveValue()->nullParent() is called ... (a member "parent_" is
set to 0, or NULL ) but this info is never set, so we get a segmentation
fault.

I'm not quite sure what is suppose to happen in this case... but I think that
the code should just check if the info is null, and avoid setting that member
if so. In fact, I can't quite see how that newNode->objectiveValue() can be
other than NULL, but it is so easy to miss a codepath in unfamiliar code.

--
kind regards, Esben