[Coin-discuss] specialoptions

Esben Mose Hansen esben at ange.dk
Mon Jan 8 06:05:57 EST 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if someone would shed a bit of light over the specialoptions
in CbcModel. It seems everyone sets this member variable to 192=168|64|1.
>From the documentation:

int   specialOptions_
     0 bit (1) - check if cuts valid (if on debugger list)
     1 bit (2) - use current basis to check integer solution (rather than all
slack)
     2 bit (4) - don't check integer solution 3 bit (8) - Strong is doing
well - keep on

I'm not sure what "if on debugger list" is meant to be... but I assume that
cut generators are not usually on "debugger list", and thus this option have
no effect.

But what about bit 6 (64) and 7(128)? I tried to look at the code, but it is
not immediately obvious to me what these 2 options do.

--
kind regards, Esben