[Coin-discuss] Prolem with runing BCP parallelly

Dan Chen mailtodanchen at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 6 18:35:08 EST 2007

Hi everyone.

When I run my program with 3 or more processors. The program will hung there after displays the final results. And the results are very similar to the one when I use two processors. I guess this problem has something to do with the parameter: LpProcessNum, which is set to 1 by default. I tried to reset the value in my subclass of BCP_tm_user, but this does not solve the problem.

  I also got the the following as the part of the output when I use two processors.

TM: Solution value: 14.000000 (best solution value so far: 15.000000)
TM: Running time: 1.432
TM: search tree size: 84469   ( processed 44191 )   max depth: 26
LP statistics:
   time in cut generation  :       26.245 sec
   time in var generation  :        0.031 sec
   time in heuristics      :        0.010 sec
   time in solving LPs     :       24.374 sec
   time in strong branching:       78.737 sec
  TM: The best solution found has value 14.000000

  What is the running time for this problem?

  Thanks,

  Dan

http://mail.yahoo.com