[Coin-discuss] fractional dual prices that should be integer

Berit L0fstedt berit at diku.dk
Thu Feb 22 06:13:20 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm using the OSIClpSolverInterface to solve an LP problem with column
generation. However, I am getting duplicate columns stating a reduced cost
where there is none.

All coefficients of the problem are integer and the solution vector is also
integer. However, if I ask for the vector of dual prices (getRowPrice()) some
entries are fractional. When taking the dotProduct between the column I wish to
add and the dual prices it states a reduced cost. However, when added to the LP
the column is never priced in because that column in the LP does not have
reduced cost.

I set bounds on the variables (columns) added and the problem is still integer.
Feeding the same problem to CPLEX yields a different integer dual vector. I may
have duplicate contsraints yielding several optimal dual solutions but I am
mystified by the fractionality.

Has anyone experienced anything similar using clp?

Best regards,

Berit Løfstedt