[Coin-discuss] common unit test support (was Re: parameter parser)

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Feb 12 15:05:21 EST 2007

Philip,

	I'd say yes, some common unit test code would be helpful.  Our unit
tests leave a lot to be desired.  It'd be great, for example, to have options
other than capturing stdin when it comes to assessing the output.  It'd be nice
if a unit test reported (succintly) which tests failed, which passed, which were
omitted.  It'd be nice if unit tests that use assert took care to make sure the
asserts are still in effect with an optimised build.  Help with any or all of
this would be great.

	I'd qualify that by saying that there is work coming down the pipe on
regression testing by way of Bill Hart and the TLC, but I don't know enough to
say how the two would fit together.  Like far too many things, it's on my list
of stuff to catch up on, but hasn't risen to the top.

							Lou