[Coin-discuss] OsiClp* interior point stability problem

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 26 15:21:07 EST 2007

Hi Sebastian,

I don't know how stable the Clp interior solver is (John Forrest is the man to
answer that question), but you might want to try to use the Volume Algorithm.
It does have an OSI interface (OsiVol). It gets near the center of the optimal
face (within 2-5%) much faster than any interior point solver, and that
accuracy is usually enough to do column generation. And when convergence
starts to slow down you can switch to Clp's simplex solver.

HHope this helps,
--Laci