[Coin-discuss] Cbc ampl interface under OS/X Tiger

Gardner Pomper gardner at networknow.org
Sat Dec 1 22:15:00 EST 2007

I am trying to connect cbc to the ampl student edition on os/x. I
followed the instructions from the COIN-OR page
(https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/wiki/FAQ), shown below:

First get Cbc: svn co https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Cbc/trunk cbc

Get the AMPL ASL library. There is a script with the distribution that
makes setting up the ASL very convenient: cd cbc/ThirdParty/ASL
./get.ASL

Run configure from the root directory of the source distribution (src
in this case) and build cbc. cd ../..
./configure
make
make install

All this worked. I then typed in a small test mod file:

var blue;
var gold;

maximize profit: 10*blue + 15*gold;
subject to time: blue/40 + gold/30 <= 40;
subject to max_blue: 0 <= blue <= 1000;
subject to max_gold: 0 <= gold <= 860;

I then tried to run from ampl, with the following:

ampl
ampl: model ex1.mod;
ampl: option solver cbc;
ampl: solve;
dyld: Symbol not found: _WS_val_ASL
  Referenced from: /Users/gardnerpomper/cbc/lib/libCbcSolver.0.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

error running cbc:
        termination code 5
<BREAK>

I did the exact same process under linux, and it worked. Can someone
give me a hint as to what I need to do differently for OS/X ?

Thanks,

- Gardner Pomper