[Coin-discuss] Cbc question: setting the linear solving method

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Mon Sep 18 05:00:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

How do I set the solving method of the linear solver while using Cbc?

In my code, the user to specify the solving method (primal, dual, barrier, etc.) for solving
a linear problem (or the root node of a MIP search), and also the method used for solving
the other nodes of the MIP search. For solving the linear problem, I am using OSI, and I
can specify the method using OSI's setHintParam(). However, for MIP problems, I call
Cbc directly, for the initialSolve(), I assume the solving method is still controlled by the
setHintParam(), but how could I specify the solving method for the branch and bound search?

I am using Clp as the linear solver, if this matters.

Thanks for any help!

--Kish Shen