[Coin-discuss] Help with COIN configuration...

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Sep 8 14:11:39 EDT 2006

Folks,

	Andreas writes:

> please note that we ask people that recommit code to the COIN repository
> to get the GNU basic version of the autotools (from the source code),
> since packaged distributions often have minor modifications.

	This is certainly the case for Fedora Core 5. The distribution comes
with the correct versions for autoconf, automake, and libtool, but there is a
new test (something about checking the ABI on 64-bit architectures) added by the
Core 5 distribution integration group. After downloading and installing from
the FSF, that test disappeared.

	The obvious hazard is that we're excluding some test that is essential
in a particular configuration.  We'll have to deal with that once an instance
rears its ugly head.

	On the plus side, I can confirm that Osi builds and passes the unit test
on Fedora Core 5 with GCC 4.1.1.

							Lou